2001 50c Federation Australian Coat Of Arms Coin Pack
or 4 payments of $3.75 with Info
- Issued to celebrate the 100 years since the Federation of Australia
- Struck by the Royal Australian Mint - Australian legal tender
- Mintage just 2.2 million - tiny for a circulating coin!
- Impossible to find in change in strictly Uncirculated condition, as here
- Presented in an informative, credit card-style pack
The 2001 Tasmania 50c commemorative coin was released as part of the Centenary of Federation 50c series. Comprising ten coins, the series is a critical element of Australian decimal collecting. Why? Because it features Australia's lowest-mintage circulating 50c types!
The Federation 50c series was struck to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Australian nationhood. It included nine coins that each honoured a separate state or territory, along with a tenth bearing the Australian Coat of Arms. Celebrating Tasmania, this eye-catching coin bears the state's Coat of Arms. It is an incredibly low-mintage issue - just 2.2 million coins were struck!
A unique, one-year-only legal tender type, the 2001 Tasmania 50c is crucial for a complete collection. Now 17 years post-release, it's very hard to find in change in any grade - and impossible in pristine Uncirculated condition!
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Aussie Coins and Notes users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.