2021 50p 100 Years of Insulin Cupro-Nickel Brilliant UNC
or 4 payments of $4.99 with Info
- Commemorating one of the most important medical breakthroughs of the twentieth century
- 100th Anniversary of the discovery of insulin!
- Part of the British Royal Mint’s Innovation in Science series
- Official British legal tender – 50p
- Measures 27.30mm in diameter
- Struck to Brilliant Uncirculated standard from copper-nickel
One of the most remarkable feats of the twentieth century was the discovery of insulin in 1921 by Dr John Macleod, Sir Frederick Banting, Dr Charles Best and Dr James Collip. Of revolutionary global significance, insulin changed the lives of millions of diabetics around the world!
Dated 2021, the Royal Mint is honouring the 100th Anniversary of this medical molecular marvel with a striking coin in brilliant Uncirculated standard. The clever design showcases an artistic interpretation of the structure of insulin, along with its molecular formula on a 27.30mm flan!
The fifth issue in the Royal Mint’s popular Innovation in Science series, this coin will be popular with coin collectors and medical professionals around the globe.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Aussie Coins and Notes users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.