2021 50p 100 Years of Insulin Silver Proof Coin
or 4 payments of $34.75 with Info
- Commemorating one of the most important medical breakthroughs of the twentieth century
- 100th Anniversary of the discovery of insulin!
- Proof coin struck from 8g of PURE SILVER
- Part of the British Royal Mint’s Innovation in Science series
- Official British legal tender – 50p
- Measures 27.30mm in diameter
- A strictly limited mintage of 3,710 coins!
The Royal Mint is marking the 100th Anniversary of the discovery of insulin in 1921 with a highly collectable silver Proof that boasts a fascinating design! The reverse showcases an artistic interpretation of the structure of insulin, along with its molecular formula! The interplay of the frosted ‘molecules’ against a glistening silver flan makes for a very attractive coin!
This British legal tender 50p coin is part of the popular Innovation in Science series and celebrates one of the most remarkable medical feats of the twentieth century! Of global significance, the discovery of insulin by Dr John Macleod, Sir Frederick Banting, Dr Charles Best and Dr James Collip, revolutionized both the therapy and prognosis of diabetes and changed the lives of millions of diabetics around the world!
Dated 2021, this fantastic coin is not only taken from a limited mintage of just 3,710 but is also part of a highly popular Royal Mint collection! A great gift for the medical professional!
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Aussie Coins and Notes users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.