2021 50p Dimorphodon Brilliant UNC
or 4 payments of $5.49 with Info
- Official celebration of early British palaeontologist Mary Anning and her discovery of the Jurassic Period winged reptile, the Dimorphodon.
- An official issue of Great Britain’s Royal Mint.
- Struck to the pinnacle of Brilliant Uncirculated quality.
- British legal tender issue – spans 27.30mm in diameter.
- Presented within an official Royal Mint pack.
Searching the Black Ven cliff near her home in Lyme Regis, Mary Anning made a series of remarkable finds. The fossil reptiles she uncovered helped scientists identify and understand mighty creatures that once ruled the seas and skies, but as a working-class woman she was denied academic acclaim.
An official issue of the Royal Mint, the Mary Anning Collection celebrates the discoveries she made along what is now known as the Jurassic Coast. The final coin in the series honours the Dimorphodon, a winged reptile that filled coastal skies millions of years ago. Anning discovered Dimorphodon fossils in 1828.
Struck to Brilliant Uncirculated quality from copper-nickel, and presented within an official Royal Mint pack, this dramatic British legal tender coin would make a fine addition to any collection.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Aussie Coins and Notes users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.