2022 50c Australian Steam Trains Victorian Railways R711 ‘Spirit of Bendigo’
or 4 payments of $10.62 with Info
- The 2nd wave of releases in the 7 coin series celebrating Australia’s iconic steam locomotives
- 2022 Australian legal tender coin – featuring Victorian Railways R711 ‘Spirit of Bendigo’
- Struck by the Royal Australian Mint to Uncirculated standard
- Features striking colour. Maximum mintage of 20,000!
- Struck from Cupro Nickel - measures 31.55mm in diameter
In 1981 a deal was done between VicRail and Steam Age Australia to swap R711 with R766 which was then in a park outside Bendigo Station. R711 would remain in this park until 1995 when West Coast Railway showed interest in obtaining the loco for restoration and use on its Saturday 'Westcoaster' service to Warrnambool. In March 1995 R711 was removed from the park and moved to Ballarat where restoration commenced. Included in the restoration was conversion to oil firing fitting a twin 'Lempor' exhaust system, a power reverser and a diesel multiple unit control stand. Restoration was completed in 1998 and the loco returned to steam. R711 continued to haul the regular Saturday service until the end of 2002 when the loco was brought in for maintenance.
Part of the 2nd wave of issues of the Australian Steam Trains series. This legal tender coin honours the Victorian Railways R711 ‘Spirit of Bendigo’ locomotive. Struck to Uncirculated standard, presented in a beautifully designed informative card. An extremely popular series with collectors which is sure to sell out!
|Brand||Royal Australian Mint|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Aussie Coins and Notes users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.