2022 50p Alan Turing Silver Proof Coin
or 4 payments of $34.75 with Info
- The first UK coin commemorating the life and legacy of Alan Turing
- Features a reverse design by the experienced designers Matt Dent and Christian Davies
- Struck from 92.5% Silver to Proof quality
- A poignant keepsake for those with a passion for science
- The final coin in The Royal Mint’s Innovation in Science 50p series
- Limited mintage of 3,000 coins worldwide - act fast!
As the father of modern computing and a codebreaking genius during the Second World War, Alan Turing was a truly extraordinary individual. In recent years, Turing has become a figurehead for gay rights following his posthumous pardon from Her Majesty The Queen in 2013, which has since led to further pardons to gay men and created what’s become known as ‘Turing’s Law’. In 2022, we celebrate a man with a remarkable mind with a UK 50p coin that concludes our Innovation in Science series.
For a man who passed away far too young, Alan Turing’s ingenuity and intellect both still have an enduring impact in the fields of computing, mathematics and science today. His groundbreaking theories remain revered to this very day, which suggests he was a genius way ahead of his time. Recently honoured by the Bank of England with a portrait on a new £50 banknote, this is the first UK coin to commemorate the life and legacy of Alan Turing. Secure yours today - click add to cart now!
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Aussie Coins and Notes users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.