2023 £2 The Royal Tudor Beasts-The Yale of Beaufort 1oz Silver Proof Coin
or 4 payments of $57.25 with Info
- Created in collaboration with the experts at Historic Royal Palaces
- The third coin in a regal collection that explores the rich heraldry of the Tudor dynasty
- Features the Yale of Beaufort, a peculiar beast inspired by European folklore
- Struck from 1oz of 99.90% Silver to Proof quality
- Complete with packaging which explores the Yale of Beaufort’s heraldic importance
At Hampton Court Palace, ten formidable beasts guard the Moat Bridge, each rich in symbolism and chosen by Henry VIII for its fearsome appearance and to represent his right to rule. Inspired by these royal protectors, The Royal Mint created The Royal Tudor Beasts Collection, and the first coins in the ten-coin collection featured the Seymour Panther and Lion of England.
Now, the collection continues with the Yale of Beaufort, a beast that is so extraordinary it would have inspired awe in all who approached the palace, due to its antelope-like body, lion’s tail, and tusks of a boar. The peculiar beast was closely associated with the powerful Beaufort family, and the Yale of Beaufort on the Moat Bridge was presented holding the Arms of Jane Seymour to reinforce her authority and influence as the king’s new wife. Available as a Silver Proof edition, this coin features a fierce design by the collection’s artist David Lawrence that captures the Yale of Beaufort’s appearance. Secure yours today - click add to cart!
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Aussie Coins and Notes users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.