2023 The Coronation of His Majesty King Charles 1/40th Oz Gold Proof
or 4 payments of $72.25 with Info
- Celebrates the coronation of His Majesty King Charles III
- Commemorates the first British coronation in the twenty-first century
- The reverse features a design by the highly respected artist John Bergdah
- Features a crowned coinage portrait of His Majesty The King by Martin Jennings on the obverse
- The precious-metal editions of the coin feature the edge inscription ‘GOD SAVE OUR GRACIOUS KING’
- Struck by the Royal Mint from 1/40oz of 99.99% Gold to Proof quality
- Limited mintage of 2,023 coins - secure yours today!
- Arrives in beauiful themed presentation packaging
The coronation of His Majesty King Charles III marks the beginning of a new chapter for British royalty and the United Kingdom. Taking the monarchy forward into a new Carolean age, His Majesty The King is the first British monarch to be crowned in the twenty-first century. The last Carolean era was that of Charles II, whose restoration to the throne took place in 1660. Signalling a forward-looking reign, King Charles III chose to use the name ‘Charles’, rather than the Latin equivalent ‘Carolus’, on coinage, and to be crowned during the same ceremony as Her Majesty The Queen Consort.
Saturday, 6 May 2023 marks a historic moment in British history and, as with so many important royal occasions, we are delighted to celebrate with the nation. To commemorate the coronation of King Charles III at Westminster Abbey, the Royal Mint have struck a coin that is available in several editions and sizes that each feature a crowned coinage portrait of His Majesty on the obverse and a beautiful design by John Bergdahl on the reverse, both of which have received The King’s personal approval.
|Brand||The Royal Mint|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Aussie Coins and Notes users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.