2021 £2 H.G Wells Cupro-Nickel Brilliant Uncirculated Coin
or 4 payments of $6.24 with Info
- A commemorative coin celebrating the life and legacy of H.G. Wells
- An official issue of Great Britain’s Royal Mint
- Year-dated 2021 commemorating the 75th anniversary of Wells’ passing
- Official British legal tender - spans 28.40mm in diameter
- Struck to Brilliant Uncirculated standard from copper-nickel
Join the British Royal Mint in paying tribute to H. G. Wells - the author who popularised the science fiction genre with his prophetic and imaginative tales about time travel, invisibility, and alien invasion. A champion of social and scientific topics, Wells was a prolific writer who published more than 100 books by the time of his death in 1946!
The reverse of this masterful coin features three elements that signify Wells’ most well-known works. The War of the Worlds, The Time Machine, and The Invisible Man are depicted in a detailed numismatic montage that “combines multiple stories into one stylized and unified composition that is emblematic of all of H.G. Well’s work and fits the unique canvas of a coin,” says Royal Mint designer Chris Costello.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Aussie Coins and Notes users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.