2023 50p Star Wars R2-D2 and C-3PO Silver Proof Coloured Coin
or 4 payments of $41.74 with Info
- Celebrating one of sci-fi cinema’s most iconic pairings!
- The first time the Star Wars franchise has been commemorated on a UK coin.
- Dated 2023, coinciding with the 40th anniversary of Star Wars: Return of the Jedi™.
- The first of four coins dedicated to iconic duos from the Star Wars franchise.
- The reverse design includes a special lenticular feature depicting Tatooine and the Rebel Alliance Starbird.
- Struck by the Royal Mint from 92.50% Silver to Proof quality!
- Limited mintage of 12,500 coins worldwide - secure yours today!
The birth of an extraordinary science fiction dynasty occurred with the creation of the legendary space opera saga, Star Wars. And now, after more than 45 years since the first film graced the silver screen, we take great pride in introducing this immensely popular film series to the realm of UK coinage for the very first time.
Since its cinematic debut in 1977, the Star Wars universe has been inhabited by a multitude of unique and fantastical beings, forming a galaxy of diverse species. Among this interstellar ensemble, two characters stand out as particularly beloved: R2-D2 and C-3PO.
Having appeared in more films within the franchise than any other characters, these droids hold a special place in the hearts of Star Wars enthusiasts even today. Regarded by many as one of the greatest science fiction duos ever, this iconic, unforgettable, and inseparable pair will forever be synonymous with the Star Wars franchise.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Aussie Coins and Notes users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.