2023 £5 The Coronation of His Majesty King Charles Brilliant Uncirculated
or 4 payments of $8.74 with Info
- Celebrates the coronation of His Majesty King Charles III
- Commemorates the first British coronation in the twenty-first century
- The reverse features a design by celebrated coinage artist Timothy Noad
- Features a crowned coinage portrait of His Majesty The King by Martin Jennings on the obverse
- Struck by the Royal Mint to Brilliant Uncirculated quality
- Arrives in beauiful themed presentation packaging
The coronation of His Majesty King Charles III marks the beginning of a new chapter for British royalty and the United Kingdom. Taking the monarchy forward into a new Carolean age, His Majesty The King is the first British monarch to be crowned in the twenty-first century. The last Carolean era was that of Charles II, whose restoration to the throne took place in 1660. Signalling a forward-looking reign, King Charles III chose to use the name ‘Charles’, rather than the Latin equivalent ‘Carolus’, on coinage, and to be crowned during the same ceremony as Her Majesty The Queen Consort.
Saturday, 6 May 2023 marks a historic moment in British history and, as with so many important royal occasions, we are delighted to celebrate with the nation. To commemorate the coronation of King Charles III at Westminster Abbey, the Royal Mint have struck a £5 coin featuring a crowned coinage portrait of His Majesty on the obverse and a beautiful design by Timothy Noad on the reverse, both of which have received The King’s personal approval.
WEIGHT 28.28 g
REVERSE DESIGNER Timothy Noad
OBVERSE DESIGNER Martin Jennings
QUALITY Brilliant Uncirculated
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Aussie Coins and Notes users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.