2001 50c Federation Norfolk Island Coin Pack
Or 4 interest-free payments of $7.49 with Learn more.
- Issued to celebrate the 100 years since the Federation of Australia
- Australian legal tender from the Royal Australian Mint
- A unique, one-year-only type, critical for a complete collection
- Mintage of just 2.2 million - tiny for a circulating coin!
- Impossible to find in change in strictly Uncirculated condition, as here
- Presented in an attractive, credit card-style pack
Issued in 2001, the Norfolk Island 50c coin was released as part of the Centenary of Federation 50c series. Australia had achieved Federation 100 years prior, in 1901, and it was a milestone worth celebrating. Comprising ten coins, the series is a crucial element of Australian decimal collecting. Why? Because it features Australia's lowest-mintage circulating 50c types!
The Federation 50c series included nine coins that each honoured a separate state or territory, along with a tenth that featured the Australian Coat of Arms. This eye-catching coin celebrates Norfolk Island, and is an incredibly low-mintage issue. Just 2.2 million coins were struck!
A unique, one-year-only legal tender type, the 2001 Norfolk Island 50c is a must-have for a complete decimal collection. Now 17 years post-release, it's very hard to find in change in any grade - and impossible in pristine Uncirculated condition!
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Aussie Coins and Notes users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.